Last week, my amazing rookie point guard ranking system showed Jeff Teague and Eric Maynor all kine love. But Jamal Crawford's incredible play (Boy, a team could really use a great 6th man of the year candidate like him. You don't just dump those guys for nothing, that's for sure!) has knocked Teague back into wasted rookie year territory. Evans has been out but he's badass so he'll stay near the top. Flynn has contracted Rambisisapparentlya-stubborndumbshit-itis. Holiday is 14 years old and witness to Philadelphia's attempts to justify dumb contracts on guys like Lou Williams. So there's been some drift.
Meanwhile, John Hollinger swears Stephen Curry is a shooting guard (I don't think he's all that wrong) and Don Nelson swears he meant to do that. Whatever he did.
Formula: [Production + Projection - Hype]
1. Brandon Jennings [ROY. No one's catching him.]
2. Tyreke Evans [Most Important King. Not close.]
3. Darren Collison
4. Ty Lawson
5. Eric Maynor
6. Toney Douglas
7. Rodrigue Beaubois
8. Johnny Flynn
9. Ricky Rubio [6.5 PPG/5.5 APG thru 4 for The TradeChip]
10. GQ Curry [Almost 22 years old!]
11. Jeff Teague
12. Jrue Holiday [By the time the blow-up is done, he'll be shaving and playing]
No one disputes these rankings in any way.
David Thorpe's latest rookie rankings are out and GQ Curry continues to drop like a freakin ROCK!
1. Brandon Jennings
2. Tyreke Evans
3. Ty Lawson
4. James Harden
5. Johnny Flynn
6. Marcus Thornton
7. Omri Cassppi (Those lucky Kings!)
8. Darren Collison
9. Chase Budinger
10. DeJuan Blair
11. Toney Douglas (Even off a quiet game)
13. Jonas Jerebko
14. Rodrigue Beaubois
15. Eric Maynor